Friday, June 20, 2008

The banned biography of Dhirubhai Ambani speaks - Nothing succeeds like success!!

Currently, I am reading, ‘The Polyester Prince - the rise of dhirubhai ambani’, the banned autobiography of Late Dhirubhai Ambani. The book is a step by step detail of how Reliance grew from zero to a conglomerate of magnitude which even Dhirubhai would not have imagined. When he wanted to do something, it means the thing has to be done, no matter how. One thing which is pretty clear from the book is that law is not bigger than money and if you have enough money to fill the coffers of people at the helm of the government, one day you can become bigger than the government, bigger than the press and bigger than the judiciary. Reliance is a testimony to this fact and it has become so big that nobody dares to ask how it was made possible.

It makes me think that, there are biographies of JRD TATA, Mr. Birla and many more business barons but not a single book on the biggest and the mightiest group of India, Reliance. Is it so that Dhirubhai never wanted public acclamation, fame and media attention or because he was apprehensive and unwilling to share it in public? I think the later cause seems to be more appropriate, as is clear from the fact that this biography was banned as soon as it was launched. The book was launched just a day before the issue of Reliance Energy and was banned in India due to obvious reason. The Australian journalist has spoken very explicitly about the ways and means in which government officials were tamed to frame the rules in favour of Reliance.

I am finding the book extremely interesting and it is a must read for all those who are interested in getting an insight of the way India’s biggest corporate house was built. But everything in the book can not be considered at par as the book has no comments from the Ambanis’ themselves and in wake of absence of any other evidence we have to believe the author as he has cited reasonable sources of evidence in the book.

Please let me know, if anybody is willing to read the book!! I will share the same with you. See you soon with a review on the book as I expect to finish the book this weekend.

28 comments:

Unknown said...

I am excited to read this story...The truth of Reliance..May you please share the same...

Amit Khandelia said...

kindly share your e-mail id with me. you may drop a mail at amitkhandelia@yahoo.co.in and I will do the honours !!

Anonymous said...

Kindly send me the book... i hope u'll send me in soft copy rite... tk cr

Amit Khandelia said...

Dear Harish,

I have mailed you the soft copy.

Happy reading !!

manoj kumar said...

hi..i would like to read dis book...plz send it at manoj.lovable@gmail.com

Surbhi Jain said...

hey...i just stumbled across ur blog wen i was trying to find the ebook..still trying...plz revert bak to me at surbhi_1989@hotmail.com if u hv the ebook.! plzz...

Amit Khandelia said...

Thanks @ Surbhi for visiting my blog.

I have mailed the book to you !!

bluffmaster! said...

plz mail me as well. xavi.harish@gmail.com

thnx dude...

arun said...

can u please mail the book to arnsvce@yahoo.com

arun said...

i really wish to read this one. Can u please mail it arnsvce@yahoo.com

MASTER said...

Can you please mail me the book
I have been looking it like for ever
My sincere thank you,
Phani
phaniksrm@gmail.com

ankoor said...

Hi Amit,

Can you mail me a copy of the book on my mail ankajum@gmail.com and i will be thankful to you...

Ankur.

Unknown said...

Can you please mail the same to ruchit88@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Harish,
I was looking out for these book since when but its good to hear that you have a soft copy. Can you send me on mrbean.nirav@gmail.com
Thanks in advance
Nirav

vijay said...

hi,


I also want to read the story of Dhirubhai ambani.
pl mail me a soft copy at jvijay001@yahoo.com

bye,
vijay

Anonymous said...

Kindly send me the book... i hope u'll send me in soft copy at deepakgandhi9@yahoo.com
... tk cr

Unknown said...

Hey dude...could you please send me the book....badly need it....plz send me on anuraag1303@hotmail.com
Thanks a lot

Unknown said...

dear,

plz forward me d soft copy as i m really xited to read d same at gagansingh1432@yahoo.co.in

Unknown said...

dear,

plz forward me d soft copy as i m really xited to read d same at gagansingh1432@yahoo.co.in

Unknown said...

please mail this to sampat63@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Dear Amit,

I am dying to read this book please please please mail me a copy manojk1983@gmail.com I would be grateful to you.

Regards
Manoj

Unknown said...

Hi Amit,
Plz send me the e-book to ganthunder@gmail.com.thanks

Unknown said...

hey amit

after reading your review on the book.. got seriously interested in the boo.
plzz send me a soft copy... at m.phanikiran@gmail.com

thanks man...

Unknown said...

Can you mail me a copy of the book on my mail sandeep.chaudhary11@gmail.com, i will be very thankful to you...

Unknown said...

hi..i would like to read dis book...plz send it at sandeep.chaudhary11@gmail.com

Unknown said...

hi..i would like to read dis book...plz send it at sandeep.chaudhary11@gmail.com

tojan said...

I am interested in reading this story. Please send me on tojan04@yahoo.com

LD said...

I think the political brass and the government employees has become so corrupt because of Reliance even today also they are doing the same.

If possible please sent me a copy of this book on the following e-mail address laldavis@gmail.com